Friday, 8 July 2016

Down at heel

The thing about getting older is that, eventually, pretty much every part of your body tends to go wrong at some stage.

My current ongoing medical drama centres upon my right heel.

Often painful after exercise, I completely buggered it up (to use a medical term)  at Touch a couple weeks ago.

It turns out I've damaged the plantar fascia, a band of tissue that runs under the sole and supposedly acts as a shock absorber to the foot. The condition - plantar fasciitis - is, apparently, quite common.

Treatment includes:

- icepacks - tick, I've been icing my heel regularly

- painkillers - tick, I've been tucking into my ibuprofen stocks

-  supportive device for the heel - tick, my shoes are now full of pads and such like

- resting - tick - had two weeks off, felt better, played Touch again, back to square one

- losing weight - ah, oh well!



No comments: