Wednesday, 22 June 2016

Touch up

As we're now several weeks into a rain disrupted touch rugby season I thought it about time that I produced a progress report, whether you want one or not.

Last night saw us play only our 5th game in 7 weeks owing to inclement conditions, but I have to say that it was almost certainly the best performance seen so far from Dave's Dad's Dog's Dead in the 7 years that the team has been playing in one guise or another. 

Up against the same team that we narrowly defeated 9-7 on the opening week of the Chesham Touch Premiership, we produced a nigh-on perfect, error-free first half, leading 8-0 at the break, and finished the game as 17-4 victors, leaving us 5 wins from 5 games so far.

Even yours truly managed to bag 2 tries, one from approximately minus 3 metres (my best distance), set up by a break from skipper Tommy, and one involving some classic support play from three of us oldies in the squad who rolled back the years to surprise ourselves even more than we surprised the gobsmacked opposition. The upshot of which, of course, is that I am now not due to score another try until 2018.


Naturally every silver lining has to have a cloud, and mine came in the shape of an injury to my right heel which has quite literally left me unable to walk 

No comments: