Sunday, 13 March 2016

England - Six Nations Champions (at last)

So, well done England - 2016 Six Nations champions with a  game still left to go.

The first 65 to 70 minutes from England at Twickenham yesterday were pretty special - pats on the back all round, with young Mr Itoje deserving of most.

If I was Eddie Jones, however, I'd be more than a little concerned with the final 10 minute implosion. Hopefully England learned more from that final 10 minutes than they did from the rest of the tournament.

They'll need to have done so if they are to complete the final leg of the Grand Slam in Paris and better the W4 L1 record of the team in the last five 6N championships.

1 comment:

Von said...

I think Eddie Jones has to take much of the responsibility for that finish. Too many substitutions made in a very short space of time; coupled with Dan Cole's sin-binning, the rash of changes caused England to lose shape. His only misstep so far, in my view, so benefit of the doubt.

The biggest material change was Robshaw having to make way for a prop replacement. I think the implosion in his absence illustrated the volume of defensive work the bloke gets through. Now, if I'd been in Eddie's shoes, I'd have told Manu to fill in at 6...