Wednesday, 23 April 2014

T(ouch)

Woke up this morning feeling like I'd been beaten up by an angry mob of pugilistic rhinos.

The cause of my discomfort? The beginning of yet another touch rugby 'season' last night.

I had half-expected (secretly hoped?) that my usual team, all being that little bit older, might have taken the decision to retain a modicum of dignity this year by retiring gracefully. But alas no, it seems as if the band is being put back together for at least one more tour.

And so there I was yesterday evening, desperately trying to keep up with kids more than half my age whilst also attempting to keep the heart and lungs functioning at the same time. Multi-tasking has never been one of my strengths, it must be said.

For heaven's sake, I hear you're thinking, it's only touch rugby, how bad can it be? Well, in my case pretty bad. It was tough enough having to deal with the sight of the avatar that Wii Fit created for me at the weekend (much to young Master F's amusement) - I really didn't need this reminder of how badly out of shape I am.

Still, it was only a practice session and the serious stuff doesn't kick off for a couple of weeks - time I can put to good use by having a good, long lie down.

No comments: