Saturday, 16 March 2013

Another one bites the dust

Ah well, that's that then, another Grand Slam has eluded England.

Let's get one thing out of the way. Wales were better than England today and fully deserved their victory. England have been getting steadily worse as the tournament has progressed whilst Wales have been getting better and better.

However, and it's a big however, what was shaping up to be a fantastic match was ruined by a man who decided the game wasn't about the players on the pitch but instead was all about him.

Step forward Steve Walsh who decided that he was only going to referee one of the teams at scrum time and at the breakdown.

I still think Wales would have won. But it would have been nice to see the match unfold as it should have done.

Just saying.

2 comments:

Nursedude said...

I think Wales played with great intensity, but I must say, I did not catch all of the infractions that Mr. Walsh was calling-yeah, it was a bit one-sided.

Von said...

I blame Dan Cole.

It seems whatever level of the game, if you bitch and moan at the ref during his decisions early in the game, he will from that point on give the benefit of the doubt in any 50-50 calls to the opposition. Not saying that's right and I actually reckon it's mostly subconscious, but I saw it in the game I played in on Saturday and the exact same thing in the evening.